Monday, January 2, 2012

I was on channel 11 last week with my story !

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/187018/2/On-Assignment-Ark-woman-inspires-others-with-drastic-weight-loss?fb_ref=artsharetop&fb_source=profile_oneline



SHERWOOD, Ark. (KTHV) -- A single mother from Sherwood is inspiring those around her in an incredible way. She's lost more than 200 pounds in less than two years.
Charlotte said the reason for the change was that she wanted to make a difference for her kids. She has four children and a grandson. She says it was important to her to set an example of a leading a healthy lifestyle.
Charlotte made a New Year's resolution nearly two years ago to join weight watchers and lose more than half of her current weight. Now, she's less than 25 pounds from her goal.
Charlotte Weddle is an active 44 year old mother of four and grandmother of one. But she hasn't always been this way.
"I had gotten to a point where I was such a weight that it was affecting my body," says Weddle.
Weighing in at 395 pounds two years ago, Weddle decided it was time to make a change.
"I was literally couldn't really do anything, couldn't go anywhere with my kids or really do anything. It just seemed like I was out of breath for everything I did and I just really uncomfortable and I was just really felt like I needed to make a change in my life," she says.
As a single mother, Weddle says she wants to set a positive example for her kids.
"It was really important with my kids because I knew that if I continued to go this route in my life that it would affect my children. It affects the food that was brought into our house. And it affects our lifestyle and everything like that," she adds.
Three of Weddle's kids are adopted from China and two have special needs. Weddle says changing her lifestyle means she'll have more time with them.
"I just want to be around. And it's real important that I'm healthy and that I'm able to take care of them."
January 1, 2012 will mark two years since Weddle began her weight loss journey. That was 225 pounds ago.
"It's exciting. It gets real emotional. Every time I get around to my anniversary I still sometimes have to look at myself and say to myself 'you really did accomplish it.' It was something I really wanted to do. I just love it now. I love my life," she says.
Charlotte says her support system has been a huge help over the past two years. She says it helps to go to meetings at her local weight watchers because she's around people working toward the same goals.
She also started running recently, something she never thought she'd be able to do. In fact, she's started a training program to run in the little rock half marathon in March.






This is the story they did on me. Tomorrow am I KATV, channel 7 in Little Rock, at 600am on the Daybreak show telling my story again and sharing my size 5x jeans !

Charlotte Weddle

No comments:

Post a Comment