Friday, January 6, 2012

Researching food plans.............

I know not everyone might be able to afford to lose weight and eat healthier using Weight Watchers. Remember learning growing up to follow the pyramid ? Well, they have changed it a little to this :

http://www.choosemyplate.gov/

If you go to this site, they explin it all and it is FREE ! You can actually sign up free and plug in your own data. Way cool ! I think it's a great site.

Though for me WW will always be #1, I want to encourage you to find a food plan that works for you. A food plan that omits any of the food groups isn't a sensible nutritious food plan. And NO, chocolate isn't a food group. Sweets are always considered in moderation, if you deprive yourself of little treats from time to time you might feel like you are dieing in your DIE-T.

I love foods that are already pre-measured, it was my ideas of what a serving really was that got me intro trouble before so paying a little extra for a pre-measured food is worth it at times or buying the big bag of whatever and measuring out into baggies one serving at a time while NOT hungry !

I am researching other plans too to be of help to you ! Feel free to facebook me or email me @ measuretrackandmove@gmail.com anytime with questions and/or comments.

Charlotte Weddle

3 comments:

  1. You are so wonderful to care about those of us who are just starting the journey! I am with you WW is #1! I can do it, it works and it makes since to me. It really opens my eyes! I also agree I like something easy measured! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. since my kids are involved in athletics and I am constantly on the run from the time I get off work until I go to bed, I love premeasured and easy! A tip I learned is to pack a lunch bag to take with me and have pre measured items that are healthy at my fingertips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent tip Shannon ! I am at McDonald's with my kids now, and brought turkey meat, popchips and single serving pudding and ordered a side salad with single serving Paul Newman's light vinagerette dressing, 1 point for the packet, love it.

    ReplyDelete