Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tools of the trade

For me having a good scale, especially one that weighed me when I was heavier was a tool I needed and still use today. I only weigh twice a week, on Saturday am's at home before my WW weigh in. and then at the WW meeting. If I weigh myself more I lose track of my goal and that is to feel better and be healthy. Weighing weekly is also good for people who are doing online programs or doing an at home plan themselves. It does help keep me accountable. If my weight is continuing to increase then too much is going in.

My food scale is a valuable tool. Too many times I would eyeball an item of food and think it weighed a certain amount to find out my eyeballs are broken and it was alot more in size and calories. It can be a real simple one from Wal-mart of a fancy one like this one from WW. I actually bought this one today for myself as an anniversary gift.

Measuring cups and spoons are items I use daily. I keep a 1 tbsp. measuring spoon in my coffee creamer for easy access. I also measure all foods, even fruit. My idea of what 1 cup is is to different from the truth of what 1 cup really is. Funny how my eyeballs are broken.

Charlotte Weddle

2 comments:

  1. Can I ask where you bought your WW scale and how much it costs? I have an old one, not WW that I think is pretty terrible and I need to be weighing myself daily not for weight loss purposes (although starting Monday I'm going to work on that) but because I have water-weight issues because of my heart condition that I need to be checking daily.

    I'm still totally amazed at your accomplishment. That is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a gift, at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

    ReplyDelete