Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions ? Changes ?

I was up one New Year's Eve two years ago, was watching the ball get ready to drop. I weighed in at 396.5 lbs. I wore size 5x pajamas, there is a picture of it somewhere. I was dieing physically from my weight. I will begin this first and foremost telling you I am an addict, a food addict. I LOVE food. I didn't have any medical problems yet, but was headed that way. I couldn't sit anywhere comfortably and if for some reason I ever got to the floor it took the kids to get me up off the floor. I had enough of enough and was sick and tired of being sick and tired ! I used to wheeze all the time in a sitting position doing nothing.

I hate New Year's resolutions with a passion, never kept a one. It wasn't a resolution, it was a new year and I wanted a new start on life so decided to start then. It was a new beginning.

I share this with you today to show you and me where I was, what it was like and where I never want to go back to. I don't ever want to forget how horrible it felt. I wanted to lose weight, yes, but more than anything I wanted to feel better and if changing my habits helped me feel better and I lost a little weight on the way then so be it.


What are you willing to change ? What do you want for this new year ? I am challenging myself to get more into weight strengthening. I have fat on my arm I want to tone up before opting for surgery.

Charlotte Weddle

ps ~ like my new picture, it's me in my 2 year victory jeans, size 10 !!

1 comment:

  1. I am following in your footsteps! This New Years Eve it was me at 345 lbs! and in the 5x! I find it an honor to have you in my life to learn from! Thank you for sharing your story! :)

    God bless you,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete